We're all winners!
The Delaware Lottery: Fun and Games Through the Years
- May 31, 1974: The Delaware Lottery is established by an act of the General Assembly and signed into law by Governor Sherman W. Tribbit.
- October 1975: The Delaware Lottery sells tickets for games with weekly drawings.
- February 10, 1976: Diamond Instant Dollars, Delaware's first Instant Game, is introduced.
- September 27, 1977: Lucky Stars, a weekly game, is the first Delaware Lottery game with drawings televised on WHYY-TV, Channel 12.
- January 24, 1978: Daily Numbers, Delaware's first On-Line daily numbers game now known as PLAY 3 is introduced.
- Jan. 5, 1980: Ticket sales begin for PLAY 4 on-line numbers game.
- April 23, 1983: The Delaware Lotto game, with an annuity jackpot prize, is introduced.
- 1984: E-Z Pick, now known as Quick Pick, is introduced, allowing players to have the computer pick numbers at random.
- 1991: The Multi-State Lottery Association's Lotto America jackpot game is introduced.
- 1992: Lotto America becomes POWERBALL®.
- 1993: Delaware Lotto becomes LOTTO, with a cash jackpot prize.
- July 1994: Video Lottery legislation passed, allowing Delaware's three racetracks to operate Video Lottery machines.
- 1996: Winning Hand is introduced, the first of several special, limited-time games to be offered.
- 1998: Run for the Money is introduced, a special horse race game featuring animated horses.
- 1999: Lucky Date, another special game, is introduced, allowing players to use favorite dates.
- 2000: Rolldown®, a game from the Multi-State Lottery Association, is introduced.
- 2001: POWERBALL® adds Power Play®.
- 2002: The Multi-State Lottery Association's POWERBALL® Instant Millionaire TV Game Show is introduced.
- 2004: Money, Money, Money is introduced as the first $20 Instant Game ticket.
- 2005: LOTTO becomes MULTI-WIN LOTTO.
- 2008: Delaware Lottery begins to offer HOT LOTTO®.
- 2009: Delaware Lottery offers Sports Lottery at Dover Downs, Delaware Park in Stanton, and Midway Slots & Simulcast in Harrington beginning September 10.
- 2009: Delaware Lottery begins to offer FAST PLAY® on October 26. Retired on January 14, 2012.
- 2010: Delaware Lottery offers multi-state game MEGA MILLIONS® on January 31.
- May 2010, Table Games was introduced at the three racetrack casinos: Delaware Park, Dover Downs and Harrington Raceway & Casino.
- 2011: Delaware Lottery begins to offer DELAWARE CASH 5® starting February 2.
- 2012: POWERBALL® changes to a $2 game starting January 15.
- 2013: Delaware Lottery launches Keno starting January 22.
- May 12, 2013: HOT LOTTO® changes to an all-cash jackpot game with pre-paid federal witholding taxes.
- September 30, 2013: The Delaware Lottery launches first state-authorized online gaming system in the country.
- October 19, 2013: The enhanced MEGA MILLIONS® game debuts with bigger, faster growing jackpots and many other new attributes.
- November 7, 2013, Delaware Lottery became the first state in the nation to launch iGaming with casino-style gaming (poker, blackjack, etc.) on the Internet.
- January 19, 2014: Power Play® returns to a random multiplier.
Back to Where the $ Goes