Rules and Regulations
You can access the Rules and Regulations in the following ways:
Delaware Lottery Rules and Regulations
Delaware Internet Lottery Rules and Regulations
Video Lottery & Table Games Rules and Regulations
Charitable Video Lottery Rules and Regulations
Sports Lottery Rules and Regulations
Game Rules Summary (Traditional Lottery Games)
All PLAY 3, PLAY 4, Multi-Win LOTTO, POWERBALL®, MEGA MILLIONS®, HOT LOTTO®, LUCKY FOR LIFE™, Keno, and other special games, Instant Game tickets, transactions and winners are subject to Delaware Lottery rules and regulations and State Law.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to buy Delaware Lottery tickets and claim prizes.
- Ticket is void if stolen, unissued, mutilated, illegible, altered in any way, defective or incomplete. The Lottery is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.
- Players are responsible for checking their tickets before leaving the Retailer location. A PLAY 3, PLAY 4, or Multi-Win LOTTO ticket may be cancelled only if presented before the drawing to the Retailer where it was originally purchased. POWERBALL®, MEGA MILLIONS®, LUCKY FOR LIFE™ and HOT LOTTO® tickets cannot be cancelled.
- Due to the frequency of Keno drawings, we may not be able to cancel your Keno ticket(s) before the next scheduled drawing. No cancellations may be made during or after the first drawing on your ticket.
- Multi-drawing bets on the same number(s) may be made in advance for all games. See Retailer for details.
- The Lottery reserves the right to limit sales of tickets for bets on any specific number at any time.
- You must fill in your name, address and phone number on the back of your winning ticket before you file a prize claim.
- All winning tickets are subject to validation by the Delaware Lottery.
- All winning tickets are bearer instruments.
- All prizes must be claimed within one year from date of drawing. Instant Games prizes must be claimed within one year of end of game.
- Allow three to five working days for processing any claim mailed to the Delaware Lottery Office (two weeks for POWERBALL® Jackpot, MEGA MILLIONS® Jackpot, HOT LOTTO® Jackpot, and LUCKY FOR LIFE™).
- All winning Delaware Lottery tickets are subject to Delaware Income Tax.
The Delaware Lottery, the Multiple-State Lottery Association, and the Mega Millions Group may limit the amount of a top prize for certain games when specific conditions are met. In such an event, all money available for that prize level may be divided equally by the number of winning tickets for that prize level (pari-mutuel prize payment). See game pari-mutuel prize descriptions or contact the Lottery Office for details.
Updated January 2015
Back to Top