September 08, 2008
LOTTERY PLAYERS ENJOY HEAT WAVE OF WINNINGS
Delaware Lottery serves up scorching prizes this spring and summer
Dover, DE -- The Delaware Lottery cranked up the heat over the
past six months to hand out several million dollars in cash and prizes
to tens of thousands of lucky winners around the state. Among the biggest
recent jackpot winners were:
· A 50-year-old Newark man who claimed a $400,000 POWERBALL®
prize from a May 24 drawing
· A 90-year-old great grandfather who took home $200,000 thanks
to a June 28 POWERBALL® drawing
· A 20-year-old cashier from Wilmington who won a $182,007 prize
playing MULTI-WIN LOTTO in a July 11 drawing
· And a 55-year-old independent leasing broker who claimed a $100,000
top prize on July 14 for the instant game, In the Money
"This spring and summer have certainly produced some big winners
and many wonderful personal stories," said Wayne Lemons, Director,
Delaware Lottery. "Not only has the Lottery paid out some hefty cash
prizes, we've also enjoyed sponsoring great summer events like the Carrie
Underwood performance at the Delaware State Fair, the Spark Summer Concert
Series, and the Riverfront Blues Festival."
While every winner has a happy story to tell after winning the Lottery,
several recent winners especially stood out:
· A 78-year-old man plans to take his entire family on a trip with
a $10,000 POWERBALL® prize
· And a 49-year-old woman from New Castle plans to use her $30,000
HOT LOTTO® prize to pay for medical bills related to a lung transplant
· A Pennsylvania woman plans to split her $30,000 HOT LOTTO®
prize with two coworkers who were partly responsible for her big pay day
The Delaware Lottery reminds players that prizes must be claimed within
one year from the date of the drawing.
Since the start of operations in 1975, the Delaware Lottery has contributed
more than $2.8 billion to the state's General Fund to help finance needed
state services that benefit everyone in Delaware. The Lottery offers a
variety of games: POWERBALL®, HOT LOTTO®, MULTI-WIN LOTTO, PLAY
3, PLAY 4, and assorted Instant Games.
Winner Privacy is our Policy.
The Delaware Lottery only publishes winner names with their consent.