Products and services
- On-line, computer-based games: POWERBALL® (the fastest-growing multi-million dollar jackpot game), MEGA MILLIONS®, HOT LOTTO®, Multi-Win LOTTO, Play 3 and Play 4, DELAWARE CASH 5® and Keno.
- Video Lottery games and Table Games at Dover Downs, Delaware Park in Stanton, and Midway Slots & Simulcast in Harrington.
- Sports Lottery at the 3 Sportsbooks and select Sports Lottery Retailer Locations.
- Instant Games: themed scratch-off tickets.
Tickets are available statewide at over 540 licensed Delaware Lottery Retailers.
Looking at the numbers
By law, Delaware Lottery generates income for the state's General Fund. The General Fund is a pool of money that finances a wide variety of state services.
- Revenue generated for General Fund since 1975: more than $3.9 billion.
- Revenue generated for General Fund for FY ending June 2012: $269 million.
- Law establishing the Delaware State Lottery was signed on May 31, 1974.
- First Lottery games introduced in 1975.
- First daily numbers game, PLAY 3, introduced in 1978; LOTTO game added in 1983.
- Teamed up with other states to introduce the mult-istate POWERBALL® game in 1992.
- Video Lottery machines introduced at three racetracks in 1995 and 1996.
- Launched multi-state HOT LOTTO® game in 2008.
- Introduced Sports Lottery at three racetracks in the state in September 2009.
- Began to offer MEGA MILLIONS® multi-state game in January 2010.
- Table Games introduced at three racetracks in May 2010.
- Launched DELAWARE CASH 5® on February 2, 2011.
- Sports Lottery was expanded to include select Retail locations in August 2012.
- Keno was launched on January 22, 2013.
- 2013: Delaware Lottery launches Keno starting January 22.
- May 12, 2013: HOT LOTTO® changes to an all-cash jackpot game with pre-paid federal witholding taxes.
- October 19, 2013: The enhanced MEGA MILLIONS® game debuts with bigger, faster growing jackpots and many other new attributes.
Learn more of our legacy from our timeline.
Updated January 2013